Monday, October 14, 2013

General Area

    My son made a friend at the park. They occupied the swings for half an hour, talking about video games and how the other boy was three years older, but Spiderman was going to turn six, and THEN seven, and THEN he would almost be eight. And I was grateful to the older boy for nodding and accepting this explanation without asserting his dominance. It's always a pleasure to meet a kind and wise eight year old.

    Then Spiderman asked, "Where do you live?"
    The boy replied, "Over there. On Fox Glen Drive."

    They swung gently back and forth. 
    Then the boy asked, "Where do you live?"
    "North America," Spiderman answered promptly.


    I'm glad he doesn't give our address out to strangers, but I hope it's not the first stages of protective paranoia. If he's preparing for a life of avoiding the CIA, he's off to a good start. I'd like to see Jason Bourne track down that address.

No comments:

Post a Comment